Teething is when an infant's first teeth (primary teeth, baby teeth, deciduous teeth, or milk teeth) appear by erupting through the gums. This occurs starting around 3 months to several years.
- Stage 1: (0-6 months) Babies are born with a full set of twenty teeth beneath the gums.
- Stage 2: (6 months) The first teeth to erupt are the upper and lower front teeth, the incisors.
- Stage 3: (10-14 months) Primary Molars erupt.
- Stage 4: (16-22 months) Canine teeth (between incisors and molars on top and bottom) will erupt.
- Stage 5: (25-33 months) Large molars erupt.
Download the PDF Stages of Primary Teeth Eruption